Tuesday 25 January 2011

The new working schedule

Ironically, I'm spending more time with Maddy now that Kate has gone back to work, than I was before Christmas when she was still on maternity leave.

Maybe that's not at all ironic, and to be expected given Kate was shouldering much of the childcare duties while she was off - the 'primary carer' as she (mistakenly) likes to call herself. But I was expecting these New Year changes to our schedule to be drawn out and painful, and they haven't been. Yet.

My self-enforced leaving work at 5.15pm twice a week seems to be going smoothly - Kate doesn't shout at me for being late on those nights that I'm not supposed to be back on time - and I get to give Maddy a bath and put her to bed twice during the week, every week, as opposed to about once a fortnight, which was what was happening towards the end of last year.

Long may it last.

No comments:

Post a Comment