Monday 8 February 2010

It's art imitating life

Well, advertising anyway. Which should actually mean the ad agency have done their homework, but I digress. Now's not the time to start analysing advertising strategy.

So, so sooner should our pram turn up than a friend sent me this link to a new ad for Lloyds TSB featuring a pregnant couple trying out different prams.

He asked me if it resonated with me.

Resonate?! You must be kidding.

Where are the arguments over different brands, the trips to endless shops, the returning home to compare prices online, then arguing again...?! It's totally unrealistic. Harrumph.

I jest. But what really did make me chuckle was the hilarious stream of comments complaining that the ad was promoting formula over breast-feeding, simply because the pram the couple end up buying has a feeding bottle on it. One of them even says he's going to change bank as a result. Brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment