Wednesday 5 August 2009

Oh, for a title

According to the paperwork that Kate got through last week from St. Mary's, I am her official 'birthing partner'. It's nice to have a clearly defined role in this process, and one with a title at that. It's also important that everyone knows who I am and what I'm there to do. I wonder if they'll give me a badge.

But perhaps the most interesting section of the 'Caring for you and your baby' booklet was the 'What to bring to hospital' section. Amongst the (long) list of usual suspects - large t-shirts, dressing gown, nappies - was 'refreshments for your partner'.

I would have thought Kate would have an awful lot more to worry about that whether or not I'm thirsty, so it was good of them to remind her about me. As birthing partner, it's important that I'm in peak physical condition in order to be focussed on the task at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment