Sunday 12 July 2009

Thank god I’ve got my Miu Miu

Kate’s scarily quick-witted response to the result of the second pregnancy test confirming that yes, she is pregnant.

[Under no circumstances am I ever allowed to say that 'we' are pregnant. That was made very clear. Very early on.]

It wasn't exactly planned. Not at all planned in fact, but we did spent much of Friday and Saturday (which involved two 4 hour car journeys to and from a wedding in Wales) talking about starting to try and start a family.

Oh, the irony.

But apparently I'm still grinning like a Cheshire cat.

Needless to say we were straight onto the internet to try and work out due date (Friday 12th March 2010), the size of our now blastocyst (8 – 10mm) and how much alcohol Kate is allowed to drink every week (nothing, if I have my way).

We have a number of significantly boozy events / lunches / nights out coming up over the next few weeks, so there'll be some serious fudging going on to explain why Kate isn't drinking. And it's all made that much more difficult by Kate's constant cries of "But I've got a few parties left in me yet!".

I don't think she's come round to the idea just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment